2 More Quit
16 years ago
Set in the Knights of the Old Republic era 4,000 years before the movie trilogies (in 3,959 BBY), Benton's Star Wars campaign features a ragtag group of unlikely heroes carving a name for itself during the civil war between the beleaguered Jedi and Darth Revan's Sith Empire, about 3 years before the start of the KOTOR video game.
4 comments:
I'm ever ubergeeky to the point where it negatively affects gameplay, feel free to give me a swift kick in the pants.
I'm actually so far a not-fan that I worry I'm often ruining the fun for all the uber Star Wars fans that most of the group seems composed of.
I don't feel anyone is making the game less fun for their love of Star Wars -
but I will admit that most of the time I have no clue where we are, who we are working for, etc., due to the limited explanation given and how most everyone seems to just go "oh yeah" when a name is mentioned. :)
Example: After replaying Kotor 2 on Nar Shadda, I was like "oh, hey, THAT'S where we were that one time."
I still haven't played Kotor 1... Selkath, Sith Empires, Rakatans, Darth Revan... I understand very little of what's going on this era, so I suppose that helps.
Seriously, you should definitely play it.
I consider it the best Star Wars story ever (granted, not read any novels or comics or any such) and one of the best CRPG stories ever, too.
When Benton said he was playing in the KOTOR era, my dislike of Star Wars was defeated by my love of Bastila - er, KOTOR.
*ahem*
Post a Comment